We are currently recruiting for a major German company, which is internationally-recognised as the World leader in the manufacture of high-speed bottling and packaging machinery primarily for the food and drinks industries.
The successful candidate requires good customer service and communication skills, and will have an in-depth knowledge of project management including electrical or mechanical installation work relative to packaging operations. Applicants should be self-motivated, having the skills to communicate technically and, when necessary, commercially at senior level.
- Preparing of all on-site activities (including sub-suppliers) for the installation & commissioning phase of new machine / LCS projects.
- To manage customer expectations and ensure that the customer is satisfied with the project.
- Responsible for Commercial and Financial Management of the project ensuring that the project is delivered successfully on time & in line with the agreed delegated budget.
- Technical support / supervision and liaison with specialist as required to meet the needs of the project.
- Liaise with the companies’ service departments for scheduling of all engineering resources including 3rd party, and ensuring that this is done in a timely manner.
- To supervise offload and ingress of equipment as required.
- To carry out the role of site manager on delegated projects, including the performance of the site team and contractors
- Preparation of Health & Safety and CDM requirements for installations
- To ensure that all quality documentation is complete for the machines installed
- Regular meetings with the customer, and international businesses management teams on all project related activity.
- To communicate and negotiate with the customer and the subcontractor regarding not only planning and site management but also the clarification of technical problems or issues (escalation)
- To act as the authorised representative on the construction site, making sure that all relevant specifications on the site are adherent to, law, policies and guidelines (working hours etc.)
- To complete and distribute the on-site report on a weekly basis
- To raise and manage reclamations ensuring they are closed in a timely manner and engineers allocate their time correctly to each complaint
- To control and report accidents and problems on site
- Solution focused problem solving with the tenacity to see issues through to a successful resolution.
- Technical understanding of high speed bottling and packaging equipment.
- Installation of new machinery experience.
- Project Management experience
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with customers.
- Communication capability in written, verbal, face to face and good listening skills to ensure clarity of message.
- Maturity in approach to dealing with customers and team members (role models company standards).
- Self-motivated to work remotely and achieve objectives.
- Ability to work cross functionally with other departments within the company
- HNC/HND in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- At least 5 years of leadership and management experience.
- Good level of computer literacy, having used MS office, but also with the ability to learn new systems quickly. SAP ERP / Scheduling/planning systems an advantage.