Head of Conduct and Risk – Permanent
Our Client are a multi-national outsourcing company, whom have contracts with some of the world’s largest companies.
They are currently recruiting for a Head of Conduct and Risk, who will provide overall direction for the companies Conduct & Risk function providing leadership, support and Board level advice on all Compliance & Audit matters, providing independent and objective assurance on the management of risk across all aspects of the business.
What’s in it for me?
- Basic salary - £50,000 to £60,000
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 public holidays
- Designated car parking space on site
- 2 years life assurance and group income protection.
- Expert knowledge of compliance and regulatory requirements across the FCA Handbook, industry compliance and legislation, specifically in relation to Consumer Credit
- Advise the Board of Directors of risk and issues and provide clear and timely guidance on the impact on new regulations and process changes
- Regulatory surveillance to assess the impact of key regulatory changes coming from the FCA, FOS, LSB & OFCOM and how the changes will impact on the business
- Oversee and maintain the company’s compliance framework and ensure processes are fair, controlled and compliant
- Build, embed and manage a robust, fit for purpose governance oversight structure
- Promote a culture of proactive compliance in line with business strategies and objectives
- Manage the company’s relationship with the FCA and other regulators, facilitating visits and dealing with requests for information
- Act as the regulatory lead and first point of contact for internal and external compliance and audit matters
- Oversee internal and external audits and engage input from key stakeholders to identify priority areas to ensure the business is compliant and operating in a safe environment
- Ensure systematic reviews take place to include the conducting gap analysis, identifying areas of improvement and implementing remedial solutions
- Create and maintain all corporate policies
- Proven management experience within a Compliance Management role within a Financial Services environment
- In-depth knowledge of all regulatory and compliance areas pertaining to the company’s sectors of operation
- Experience of the FCA Handbook and in-depth knowledge of regulated business will be a distinct advantage
- A general knowledge of the financial services industry and how it operates i.e. products, institutions, which areas are regulated