Role SummaryThe Head of Sales Operations and Procurement is responsible for leading a growing purchasing and operations function that delivers day to day sales support, order processing, and procurement services to a leading IT reseller business. It also includes a Microsoft dedicated operations team. Principal Responsibilities
- Lead development and transformation of a newly formed function to create a scalable sales operation and procurement service to Sales.
- Leads practice of procuremeny and develops relationships to negotiate and buy, materials and services to meet operational requirements. This includes supplier selection, tendering and cost estimating.
- Operate at a leadership level within the business to better understand and deliver on operational objectives, ensuring that contractual obligations are met whilst driving cost efficiencies
- Negotiation of commercial terms and conditions with suppliers ensuring we have the best possible pricing for the Trustmarque team to win business whilst maximising rebates and overall profitability
- Leading purchasing team processes and activities as a senior procurement professional
- Management and development of staff
- Periodic review and management of systems and processes for efficiency and optimisation
- Collaborate with sales leadership to put in place processes to support sales transactions
- Collaborate with Commercial Director and Finance to manage all governance, risks and controls in operations
- Promote and drive best practice within the function
- Work cohesively with other key departments to ensure efficient and streamlined operational performance
- Supporting the Trustmarque business by providing proactive operational sales and procurement support to help achieve business plans for new business and organic growth, together with effective operational delivery of existing contracts.