Our client are looking for a Warehouse Manager to join their team in Wigan.The company are experiencing a growth period at the moment and are already a market leader throughout Europe in the sectors they operate in.
- £25,000-£30,000 salary D.O.E
- 32 Days holiday.
- Company pension scheme.
- To supervise staff, make sure jobs are being carried out efficiently and safely.
- To record staff sickness, holidays, training etc on the HR system and liaise with the General manager regarding any supportive staff
- To maintain consistency in service delivery from all of your team and communicate daily prioritised work schedules and quality control measures.
- To be actively included in the recruitment and selection of staff and their induction/probation and appraisals & disciplinaries where necessary alongside the General Manager.
- To be responsible for the health and safety of staff and visitors within the warehouse environment and liaise with the General Manager regarding any issues
- Responsible for ordering materials i.e. Bubble wrap, Blue Pallets, Gas, PPE, first aid equipment and the on- site waste management.
- To maintain the Warehouse Management System and ensure all procedures are being followed regarding incoming, storage and despatched items.
- General maintenance checks of the warehouse equipment fork lift, reach trucks, pallet wrapping machine etc any issues report to the General Manager.
- Communication with the Technical team regarding storage for returns, repairs and warranties and their location within the warehouse.
- Communication with Admin team is key to prioritising the workload leading to an efficiently run warehouse operation. Always strive to be ahead (1 day) where possible
- Receiving deliveries, checking and marking off packing lists accurately, for any containers or deliveries, liaise with the Operations Manager on the packing lists and preferred delivery dates.
- Any supplier errors found when receiving a container, the Warehouse Manager is expected to get in touch with the supplier directly to rectify the issues. Take photos if required.
- Keep warehouse organised, categorised & tidy.
- To organise weekly/bi-monthly stock takes and liaise with the General Manager and Operations Manager regarding any shortfalls or issues.
- To make sure the stock takes are inputted on sage immediately.
- To be competent in the use of Sage accounting systems (training can/will be given), check all sales transactions, conduct random system stock checks and weekly back order reports.
- Maintain and update product knowledge
- Support in the preparation of exhibitions and shows.
- Continuously improve standards and staffing methods.
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role including supervising a team of people and equipment.
- Warehouse Management/Supervisory qualification level 2 or above (or equivalent experience)
- Experience in digital Warehouse Management Systems and Barcoding
- Level 2 Health & Safety in the workplace (training can be given)
Please apply or contact Sam Penman at Intro Recruitment