Working for a fantastic manufacturing plant in Wigan with international reach and investors all over the world; They are one of the manufacturing leaders within their type of technology at the moment receiving £150 Million of investments over 4 plants in the last 5 years
PLC and Electrical Support Technician
- Support the plant in all aspects of the electrical maintenance troubleshooting using PLC and programming skills and a thorough understanding of the machines sequence of operations.
- To be familiar with the use of PLCs such as Siemens, Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi and Telemechanique.
- Testing, maintaining and modifying existing systems.
- Monitoring and control systems from specific instrumentation and communication devices, installs, views PLC programs, calibrates, troubleshoots, maintains and repairs major electronic systems and peripheral devices.
- Your job is to make sure that these systems and processes operate effectively, efficiently and safely.
- A good understanding of SCADA operating systems.
- Respond to any related equipment downtime issues in plant and establish any required resources to assist in responding to these issues quickly.
- Train and develop the plant electricians to increase their ability to understand and troubleshoot controls related issues in the plant.
- Integrate with the Engineering and Maintenance teams to transfer the technology required for new programs successfully to the plant.
- To stand in for Electrical Team leader when required.
(Functional/technical skills, knowledge & qualifications)
- Educated to NVQ Level 3 –in either Electrical maintenance, PLC or similar.
- Time served apprenticeship.
- Good skills in all Microsoft Office tools, computers systems for example SAP.
- Experience in a manufacturing/construction environment.
- A good understanding of our entire manufacturing process and utilities or similar.
- Experience, but not essential, in the supervision of others.
- A general understanding of maintenance practices.
- Innovative thinker with a proven ability to work in a logical and methodical manner.
- Ability to interact effectively across all levels of the organisation and in different functional environments from plant operations to technical and commercial disciplines
- Self-sufficient and ability to work under minimal direct supervision.
Hours of work
Monday - Thursday : - 7:30am - 4pm
Friday : - 7:30am - 3pm
39 hour week
Overtime is paid at 1.5X - Lots of overtime available
Onsite Gym Facilities
Yearly salary review