Senior Design Engineer
We are seeking a Senior Design Engineer for our client who are experiecing growth at the moment. They now have a requirement for an experienced Senior electrical engineer to take on the responsibility for electrical design and build quality, technically guiding the electrical engineering team and be proactively advising any site maintenance. This will include design at all stages from quotation to manufacturing and to improve, innovate and develop our products, supporting management to ensure delivery promises are met and quality standards maintained. This may also include offsite work to survey and assist engineering at our customers sites.
An attractive salary is on offer for the right candidate, along with healthcare package and a contributory pension scheme.
Monday to Friday
08:00 to 17:00 with additional hours being worked as needed.
Skills and Experience:
- For this position a minimum of 10 years demonstrable experience is required, ideally within a senior engineering role
- Advanced operator of AutoCAD Electrical capable of creating schematics, managing libraries, compiling BOMs and interfacing with mechanical engineers who use Inventor
- Fully conversant with electrical symbols and drawing standards, schematics, cable schedules, cable routing, control circuits, panel general assemblies, termination diagrams.
- Experience with specifying electrical distribution systems, protective devices, transformers, motors, switch-gear and operator control interfaces.
- Strong electrical knowledge of MV & LV, 3PH 380-440v, 230VAC applications and DC control systems.
- Experience of heavy industrial manufacturing / field service / Marine / Oil & Gas is beneficial.
- Working knowledge of BS7671 (17th - 18th edition)
- Capable of systematic fault finding and rectification to ensure correct operation of electrical and systems based equipment.
- Ensure that procedures, codes and standards are correctly identified and applied to engineering and technical activities.
- IT literate with knowledge of MS office and preferably ERP systems