Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
An opportunity has arisen for a multi-skilled maintenance engineer to join one of our market leading manufacturing clients based in Wigan. This opportunity has a lot to offer such as training and development in addition to clear progression opportunities.
What’s in it for me?
- Sociable working hours- day shift.
- On call paid at £100 per week after tax.
- Christmas bonus’.
- Performance development reviews with discussions on progression paths.
- External funded training opportunities.
- Seasonal and team boding events.
- 6% company pension contribution.
Multi-skilled maintenance engineer duties:
- Maintain all site electrical/ mechanical equipment including machinery, buildings, support services and utilities to the required legislative standards, safety, and business requirements. Reactive maintenance to plant breakdowns and ancillary equipment, limiting production downtime to a minimum. Proactive machine maintenance in accordance with the PPM schedule to plant machinery and equipment to prevent unplanned downtime on both electrical and mechanical systems. Proactively identify areas of improvement, liaise with the engineering team to implement those improvements where possible. Occasional installation requirements, though the job will be predominantly orientated towards maintaining machinery up time. Liaising with all internal departments in order to ensure any potential issues. Working closely with the Production and Technical departments to ensure the smooth running of the manufacturing process.
What skills do I need?
- HNC or above in Electrical or Mechanical engineering.
- 2391 or 2394-5 testing and inspection qualification.
- 18th edition wiring regulations.
- Good Understanding of Mechanical Engineering i.e pumps, pneumatics and strong hand skills.
- Experience working as a multi-skilled maintenance engineer.
- Strong PLC skills / control systems (knowledge of Allen Bradley and Mitsubishi).
- Previous experience of working in food manufacturing.
- Confined space trained.
- IOSH or NEBOSH qualifications.
6am-14:30pm Monday-Thursday, 6am-13:30 Friday OR 8am-16:30 Monday- Thursday, 7:30am 15:00 Friday.
£28,000 to £32,000 per annum.
Intro Recruitment is operating as an employment agency. Intro Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you are a multi-skilled maintenance engineer, please apply now for immediate consideration.